Finished With a Faded Floral

Recently, I found this adorable cabriole leg wicker footstool on eBay...
I knew I was bound to paint it as soon as it arrived, but had not the slightest idea what I would use to replace the cutie pie strawberry top. It is a tab too sweet for my taste...
I am redecorating my bathrooms by adding a little shabby chic styling to each and needed the floral top for this stool to be in a faded linen print that doesn’t show dirt so easily. As you probably read in a previous post, I have been a fan of Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic interiors for many years. I have dreamed of using some of her ideas to decorate my home, but I am often in conflict being that I’m attracted to a deeper neutral for my base color, rather than white or ivory. I prefer greys and taupe painted furnishings and have a home full of revamped pieces in a variety of the shades combined. However, I do use her idea of adding accents in muted shades of pink, lavender, green, and aqua. Also, with the exception of my bathrooms, there is this quirky side of me that loves black walls and the only other color I would even consider to replace where my walls are white is the palest pink. For this stool I used Ralph Lauren’s Wainscott Floral in Vintage Rose. Ralph too has plenty of fabric choices for sophisticated shabbyness...
Here is the cabriole leg view...
I placed it in the master bath. There is a healthy purpose for having a small foot stool in here...
~ just a few more projects and this master bath will be complete ~

Comments

Popular Posts