Sealing the Tin

There comes a time when we make changes to our home's interior but insist on holding on to something beautiful that doesn't seem to fit in with the change. This huge reproduction of a vintage ceiling tin has been with me for years. I love it and have moved it from room to room many times, but with recent change it needed to be revamped to blend in and not standout being that it's dark brown...
For a while it hung in the kitchen over the range covering a hole in the wall, which was behind the previous mirrored wall that we removed when we initially moved in, while I tried to make up my mind on picking a wall tile. That decision took me over 4 years, lol...
After 4.5 years, in August I was frustrated with tile choices and finally made what I thought would be a drastic decision and chose basic white subway tile. Actually, to be honest it was my hubby frustrated with me, because I kept changing my mind. He turned up the pressure by threatening me, saying he will go pick out something himself and I was so frightened he would do it that I immediately knew which one I wanted and rushed out to buy it, lol. I deserve the big eye roll you're probably giving me for causing so much unneeded drama over wall tile and then going basically with a no fail classic...
Seeing the brown go away on the tin was at first a little regrettable, but I do prefer a softer and more neutral color combination...
and I like the texture that using Amy Howard's One Step Paint creates...
And now, after a little evening paint job here is the ceiling tin sealed in its new spot in our living room...
...to add some needed drama

Comments

Popular Posts