With the Wave of a Brush

Landfills and second hand businesses are overflowing with home furnishings that are recyclable. I always suggest to revamp older furniture that one owns, inherits, or rescues instead of purchasing new items. With the wave of a paint brush things that were once considered junk, ugly, or dated can be enhanced beautifully by layering on some paint, which is exactly what I did to an old stool and my DIY paint storage box in our kitchen...
The kitchen stool started like this...
I got a brilliant idea and stenciled a piece of Belgian linen by Ralph Lauren to change it to this...
I felt the darkness of the stool didn't have enough character for the new seat, so I painted the wrought iron and distressed it to become this...
Then I noticed my paint storage box that sat behind the stool needed a makeover too, so I transformed it from this...
Into this...
I am pleased with the new look of the two together...
~ I love how a paint brush can become a magic wand with a little time and effort ~

Comments

Popular Posts