California Gold

Shopping for pretty vintage furniture is a lot of times like digging for gold. It can strain ones vision, becoming more like a dreadful chore instead of being positive when you’re wanting something from a particular design style or era, only to come across everything from the total opposite, unattractive, or possibly a nightmare project. Unless plenty of time and gas money is available, it is better to find courage to venture on the internet, having faith that what you see in a picture is what you will get once it’s purchased, shipped, and delivered to your doorstep. I have been very fortunate with cyber shopping for vintage furniture and have lived through one mistake, but my latest find has had me dancing for days. I found a vintage furniture re-seller with a fabulous inventory that is located in Los Angeles and sells on eBay and also through the net newcomer Chairish. The name is ~ Vintage LA Furniture ~ and their items listed have lots of character, are priced fair and available for offers for those who like to bargain. They've been a pleasure to work with and ship within the US without charging offensive shipping fees. At my door in Texas arrived a little beauty I purchased for my master bath vanity. Here are two of Vintage LA Furniture's photos that helped to win my click of the mouse...
the backside...

I must confess to having a fetish for the cabriole leg style. Van's (short for vanity) body looked wonderfully shabby with great dimensions for a small space, but I needed her to have a new seat cover. I couldn't decided on a permanent fabric to reupholster the seat, so I painted it using Annie Sloan's chalk paint in Country Grey. Afterward, I lightly sanded the coating and finished it with Amy Howard's Clear Wax. This also preps for a plan B, which allows her to wear as many washable slipcovers my heart desires without those former stripes peeking through. I've labeled Van as a female never having enough to wear...


She was happy to move in...


Internet shopping offers numerous possibilities that can turn decorating visions into reality when what you're seeking is difficult to find locally. To those internet sellers who avoid offering shipping with a "local pick up only" mindset for even small items and the sellers with overpriced vintage furniture or unrealistic shipping fees...good luck with that hoarder-seller vibe. Vintage LA Furniture offers treasures within reach and this shopping experience has been like finding California gold!


~ Update:  slipcover #1 ~


and I found a button for the back...




Comments

  1. I have purchased many vintage items online and I am with you...a much better way to go. You found some great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely perfect chair. I love the lines of it, so very pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts